So at the beginning of the year, the hubbie and I decided that we were going to buy the fat burning miracle workout CD's called P90X. One night, I think it was later, an infomercial came on for the P90X workout and stuff. We watched it and got all wound up and motivated! So we bought it (with some x-mas $$ we had gotten). Truth be told, both of us needed something to get us motivated and our asses off our couch.
We waited in anticipation for the 1st week of January for the miracle CD's to come in the mail. They finally came on Thursday the 6th. My plan was to start working out that weekend but as it ended up we started on Monday the 10th. Sunday night, the night before we began our workouts, we watched the 1st CD of the many that we received. I sat there with my mouth hung open in disbelief that we were supposed to do these things. Holly shiat!!! I wasn't going to be able to do that stuff...
Those of you who haven't read this part, 3 years ago I was in a car accident and lost feeling in part of my legs and knees. I went through some physical therapy, gained some weight and pretty much did nothing but feel sorry for myself over the past few years...WRONG THING TO DO!!!! I finally went to a neurologist who did a bunch of tests on my legs and knees to see where the main nerve issue was. His lousy conclusion was that the numbness on the side of my left leg and in both my knees was due to wearing tight pants and belts to tightly! HAHAHAHA! What a freakin' joke....knowing I was in an accident he told me that. Well, what it all boiled down to was that my muscles had begun to atrophy.
Well, he told me that my legs were like those of a 60 year old woman that doesn't exercises. I started crying. Did I do anything...nope. I continued my pity party for another year and a half. I'm not quite sure what woke me up but I woke up. I finally decided that if I don't get off my ass and move I'm never going to lose this weight....
Well, that is my little story about myself and why I wasn't going to be able to jump around and shit like they do on the P90X video's. After watching the "Watch This First" CD I found that he had 2 slower and more moderate routines on there as a bonus. Both are tough to get through but he does a lot of appending of the movements so that others that might not be so active can participate. I've now been at it for about a week and a half and along with eating healthy I've now lost 3.4 pounds. I will weight in again this Sunday morning.
My weight issues are extremely difficult for me to deal with as I've never been a heavy person. As a child I was always very thin, thin to the point of being too thin. In high school I was thin and petite and always was. I actually had a hard time gaining weight and I was always very anemic. Even after I gave birth to my 1st child I think I weighed like 135 pounds at 9 months and went back under 100 pounds after I had her. My second one is what put me over the top. I weighed a comfortable 135 at the beginning of my pregnancy and at the end I was pushing 200 pounds! EEK!!!!
That is where I've stayed. I've wavered between 175 & 198 for the past 9 years and I've not done one thing about it! Shame on me. A few years ago we got wii Fit for Christmas. I stepped on the balance board and this is what it said (in front of my family; kids and husband): "OH! That is obese!" as it showed my weight on the television screen. I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. How embarrassing! Really... My youngest who was 6 at the time said to me, "Mommy, you aren't fat!". I tried to smile and said thank you...even though I knew I was very much so "fat". I was working at Jenny Craig at the time for about a year and I had lost 20 pounds and felt good...but it still wasn't enough.
When I left Jenny Craig and started working for the school is when I gained it all back and about 5 pounds more. How could I do that? WTF was I thinking and why did I do it was the better question when I had worked so hard to lose that 20 pounds I had lost.
Well, what's done is done and now I have the fun task of not only losing weight (my goal is to lose 64 pounds) but building muscle back up that has wasted away into nothingness. I know it may not sound so bad to many but believe me, some days I hurt from just walking across the room. No shit!
Now the funny thing is, when I tell people how much I weigh, and really I'm not shy about it because the reactions I get push me to lose the weight more, but most tell me I am NOT that heavy. Oh contraire, I am that heavy! I must carry my weight well or the people around me are liars...lol!
Anyway, before I go I am going to leave you with some tips I've gathered and learned from working for Jenny Craig and just by being a woman on a mission to lose weight...
Weight Loss Tips from K Marie
Move your ass! Seriously, move around. Even doing light housework is a form of exercise and can be effective to get started. But get busy and stop sitting around on your butt; it won't get any smaller sitting around on it.
Clean out your pantry, cupboard's, cabinets, refrigerator & freezer(s)! Throw out the cakes, cookies, candies, chips, junk foods and anything that is a waste of space and that consists of empty calories and is full of sugar! This is bad, bad stuff. I'm not saying to deprive yourself of it, but having it around always, will get you into trouble.
Plan out your lunches & dinners. Plan out what you are going to eat so you aren't scrambling at the last minute and grabbing things that you shouldn't just to save on time. That is one of our biggest mistakes is not enough planning or thinking. You can plan a very healthy, great tasting and filling meal within a couple of minutes. Don't make the excuses!
Eat your FRUITS & VEGGIES!!! Even in Weight Watchers fruits are now a free food! They are all packed with essential vitamins and minerals that our bodies need...especially when dieting! However, do be careful with some veggies as they are high in starch and contain more fat. You can eat them just in moderation (such as corn, potatoes, squash, beans, peas). Most veggies are on an "all you can eat" regimen and the more you eat the more full you'll feel!
Chew Gum & Drink More Water! More water you say? Yes. Sometimes our bodies give us that signal, you know, the one that says that you are hungry when really all it wants/needs is a little hydration. Drink a little water...that should do the trick. Also, chewing sugar free gum (most are sugar free) can curb hunger. I mean that as in you are chewing something and have something in your mouth so it's like tricking yourself to not feel hungry. It's a good trick that I've used often.
Avoid Alcohol. As upsetting as that might be to some it's a necessity when dieting. Alcohol is dehydrating and has tons of calories! Why would you want to go to all the trouble of drinking all that water just to have it wasted by a couple glasses of wine or beer? Again, I'm not saying you can't have ANY, just in moderation and avoiding it at first might be a good idea.
EAT BREAKFAST!!!!!! Studies have shown that people trying to lose weight find it easier to stick to a healthier diet with they eat breakfast. Also, eating breakfast gives you the energy you need to start the day and to fight off early snacking habits that can ride throughout the rest of your day.
DO NOT exclude eating any one particular food group! There is a reason that it's a food group. A big mistake that people make when dieting is to eliminate certain things from your diet, such as carbohydrates. Eliminating things like this also restricts us from getting the vitamins and nutrients we need from them. For instance, eliminating carbohydrates from your diet can lead to depression, heart disease, improper metabolism function and can put your cholesterol levels out of wack. So don't skip out on things...
Portion Properly. Don't over eat, but just as importantly, don't UNDER eat! Make sure you eat! Don't skip on meals.
Those are my 10 weight loss tips. Don't deprive yourself of anything because that will cause you to eat things you shouldn't be eating and eat more of things. It would be counteractive. Don't over-do the exercising! If it's too tough, modify, modify, modify! Don't do more than you can handle. Be smart...don't be stupid about it! Everyone loses weight at a different rate and men and women especially lose weight differently. Don't be discouraged if you lose one week and don't the next...it's natural for that to happen. Again, everyone is different! Lastly, STAY OFF THE SCALE!!! Only weigh yourself in ONLY 1 time per week. Anything more is obsessive. You will sabotage yourself. Don't do it!
Anyway, I hope some of this helps. It's much easier to write and read these things rather than do them or act upon them...I know this. I hope my story helped as well! Have a great day and Happy Dieting!
We waited in anticipation for the 1st week of January for the miracle CD's to come in the mail. They finally came on Thursday the 6th. My plan was to start working out that weekend but as it ended up we started on Monday the 10th. Sunday night, the night before we began our workouts, we watched the 1st CD of the many that we received. I sat there with my mouth hung open in disbelief that we were supposed to do these things. Holly shiat!!! I wasn't going to be able to do that stuff...
Those of you who haven't read this part, 3 years ago I was in a car accident and lost feeling in part of my legs and knees. I went through some physical therapy, gained some weight and pretty much did nothing but feel sorry for myself over the past few years...WRONG THING TO DO!!!! I finally went to a neurologist who did a bunch of tests on my legs and knees to see where the main nerve issue was. His lousy conclusion was that the numbness on the side of my left leg and in both my knees was due to wearing tight pants and belts to tightly! HAHAHAHA! What a freakin' joke....knowing I was in an accident he told me that. Well, what it all boiled down to was that my muscles had begun to atrophy.
Considerations:
There are two types of muscle atrophy. (This is the one I have...I didn't include the other)
Disuse atrophy occurs from a lack of physical exercise. In most people, muscle atrophy is caused by not using the muscles enough. People with sedentary jobs, medical conditions that limit their movement, or decreased activity levels can lose muscle tone and develop atrophy. This type of atrophy can be reversed with vigorous exercise or better nutrition.
Well, he told me that my legs were like those of a 60 year old woman that doesn't exercises. I started crying. Did I do anything...nope. I continued my pity party for another year and a half. I'm not quite sure what woke me up but I woke up. I finally decided that if I don't get off my ass and move I'm never going to lose this weight....
Well, that is my little story about myself and why I wasn't going to be able to jump around and shit like they do on the P90X video's. After watching the "Watch This First" CD I found that he had 2 slower and more moderate routines on there as a bonus. Both are tough to get through but he does a lot of appending of the movements so that others that might not be so active can participate. I've now been at it for about a week and a half and along with eating healthy I've now lost 3.4 pounds. I will weight in again this Sunday morning.
My weight issues are extremely difficult for me to deal with as I've never been a heavy person. As a child I was always very thin, thin to the point of being too thin. In high school I was thin and petite and always was. I actually had a hard time gaining weight and I was always very anemic. Even after I gave birth to my 1st child I think I weighed like 135 pounds at 9 months and went back under 100 pounds after I had her. My second one is what put me over the top. I weighed a comfortable 135 at the beginning of my pregnancy and at the end I was pushing 200 pounds! EEK!!!!
That is where I've stayed. I've wavered between 175 & 198 for the past 9 years and I've not done one thing about it! Shame on me. A few years ago we got wii Fit for Christmas. I stepped on the balance board and this is what it said (in front of my family; kids and husband): "OH! That is obese!" as it showed my weight on the television screen. I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. How embarrassing! Really... My youngest who was 6 at the time said to me, "Mommy, you aren't fat!". I tried to smile and said thank you...even though I knew I was very much so "fat". I was working at Jenny Craig at the time for about a year and I had lost 20 pounds and felt good...but it still wasn't enough.
When I left Jenny Craig and started working for the school is when I gained it all back and about 5 pounds more. How could I do that? WTF was I thinking and why did I do it was the better question when I had worked so hard to lose that 20 pounds I had lost.
Well, what's done is done and now I have the fun task of not only losing weight (my goal is to lose 64 pounds) but building muscle back up that has wasted away into nothingness. I know it may not sound so bad to many but believe me, some days I hurt from just walking across the room. No shit!
Now the funny thing is, when I tell people how much I weigh, and really I'm not shy about it because the reactions I get push me to lose the weight more, but most tell me I am NOT that heavy. Oh contraire, I am that heavy! I must carry my weight well or the people around me are liars...lol!
Anyway, before I go I am going to leave you with some tips I've gathered and learned from working for Jenny Craig and just by being a woman on a mission to lose weight...
Weight Loss Tips from K Marie
Move your ass! Seriously, move around. Even doing light housework is a form of exercise and can be effective to get started. But get busy and stop sitting around on your butt; it won't get any smaller sitting around on it.
Clean out your pantry, cupboard's, cabinets, refrigerator & freezer(s)! Throw out the cakes, cookies, candies, chips, junk foods and anything that is a waste of space and that consists of empty calories and is full of sugar! This is bad, bad stuff. I'm not saying to deprive yourself of it, but having it around always, will get you into trouble.
Plan out your lunches & dinners. Plan out what you are going to eat so you aren't scrambling at the last minute and grabbing things that you shouldn't just to save on time. That is one of our biggest mistakes is not enough planning or thinking. You can plan a very healthy, great tasting and filling meal within a couple of minutes. Don't make the excuses!
Eat your FRUITS & VEGGIES!!! Even in Weight Watchers fruits are now a free food! They are all packed with essential vitamins and minerals that our bodies need...especially when dieting! However, do be careful with some veggies as they are high in starch and contain more fat. You can eat them just in moderation (such as corn, potatoes, squash, beans, peas). Most veggies are on an "all you can eat" regimen and the more you eat the more full you'll feel!
Chew Gum & Drink More Water! More water you say? Yes. Sometimes our bodies give us that signal, you know, the one that says that you are hungry when really all it wants/needs is a little hydration. Drink a little water...that should do the trick. Also, chewing sugar free gum (most are sugar free) can curb hunger. I mean that as in you are chewing something and have something in your mouth so it's like tricking yourself to not feel hungry. It's a good trick that I've used often.
Avoid Alcohol. As upsetting as that might be to some it's a necessity when dieting. Alcohol is dehydrating and has tons of calories! Why would you want to go to all the trouble of drinking all that water just to have it wasted by a couple glasses of wine or beer? Again, I'm not saying you can't have ANY, just in moderation and avoiding it at first might be a good idea.
EAT BREAKFAST!!!!!! Studies have shown that people trying to lose weight find it easier to stick to a healthier diet with they eat breakfast. Also, eating breakfast gives you the energy you need to start the day and to fight off early snacking habits that can ride throughout the rest of your day.
DO NOT exclude eating any one particular food group! There is a reason that it's a food group. A big mistake that people make when dieting is to eliminate certain things from your diet, such as carbohydrates. Eliminating things like this also restricts us from getting the vitamins and nutrients we need from them. For instance, eliminating carbohydrates from your diet can lead to depression, heart disease, improper metabolism function and can put your cholesterol levels out of wack. So don't skip out on things...
Portion Properly. Don't over eat, but just as importantly, don't UNDER eat! Make sure you eat! Don't skip on meals.
Those are my 10 weight loss tips. Don't deprive yourself of anything because that will cause you to eat things you shouldn't be eating and eat more of things. It would be counteractive. Don't over-do the exercising! If it's too tough, modify, modify, modify! Don't do more than you can handle. Be smart...don't be stupid about it! Everyone loses weight at a different rate and men and women especially lose weight differently. Don't be discouraged if you lose one week and don't the next...it's natural for that to happen. Again, everyone is different! Lastly, STAY OFF THE SCALE!!! Only weigh yourself in ONLY 1 time per week. Anything more is obsessive. You will sabotage yourself. Don't do it!
Anyway, I hope some of this helps. It's much easier to write and read these things rather than do them or act upon them...I know this. I hope my story helped as well! Have a great day and Happy Dieting!













No comments:
Post a Comment