Monday, January 31, 2011

Blizzard


So, it looks like I may be working Monday & Friday this week (possibly Thursday).  There is a blizzard coming my way and I'm telling ya, I couldn't be happier.  I've had a hell of a weekend and I could use a day or two to sleep in. 

Last night the husband much have been restless because I couldn't sleep a wink all night.  He woke me up with his constant bear hold cuddling.  I can't stand that.  Our bedroom, actually the entire 2nd floor of our home, is super hot when the heat kicks on so I sleep without the covers on most of the time.  He on the other hand sleeps with the covers on and is a walking talking furnace.  So when he "cuddles" I overheat...and not because I'm all turned-on. 

I like to be left alone when I'm sleeping.  He said I never used to be that way.  Well, maybe I wasn't but this is how I am now.  I don't know what happened.  I guess when we are younger it's not as big of a deal when we miss sleep as when we are old and need it.  I can't function the next day when I've had only a couple hours of sleep. 

So today, the entire school is buzzing about whether there will be school tomorrow or Wednesday.  The superintendent even sent out a little message about it saying they would keep us updated.  In case you didn't know, for the most part, the bus companies dictate if a school will close it's doors due to snow or if it will remain open.  I mean if pipes burst and the heat doesn't work or there's no electricity that's a different story, but in the case of snow...well, that's up to the bus companies.  Seems odd; just like insurance companies (someone behind a desk doing data entry) being able to tell you if you can take a medicine or not that the doctor says you need! 


Well, my hope is for at least one day off.  Even if they call a 1/2 day tomorrow, as the snow is supposed to start tonight and dump about 3" an hour through Wednesday afternoon.  That would be ideal...just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment