Well, I didn't get the position. I wish I could say I was happy for the other lady that got it but I'm really not. I like her and she's a work acquaintance but I am a little annoyed by the entire thing. When I got to his office he said, "First, I want to tell you...", so I knew he was trying to let me down easy.
He said that I interviewed very well, that nobody had a bad word to say and that he didn't realize how much I do and didn't realize I had so many qualifications. But he currently works with the other applicant (she's the secretary for the department he teaches in) and he told me that he is "familiar" with her so he is bringing her into the position with him.
I am pissed because it wasn't a fair playing field and my time was wasted. I'm pissed because her fricking' boss spilled the beans outside my office a few weeks back by saying that "C, already has the job in the bag, so I need to start looking for a new secretary." I'm pissed at her knowing confidence that the job was hers from the beginning.
I applied for the job the day after they posted/announced it. She waited literally until the last 5 minutes to day to say she was applying. I guess it's who you know, not what you know anymore.
I am bummed.





No comments:
Post a Comment